Why video surveillance and CCTV should be part of every grocery store security strategy
Here is a couple of reasons why grocery store will benefit from having video surveillance:
- Having visible security cameras deters crime as perpetrators of crime do not want to be seen or have their crime captured on video.
- Video camera and CCTV can be used to help visually cover the floor in late hours when the store is open but staff is reduced.
- Real-time viewing can provide marketing information such as the popularity of items and displays.
- Grocery store owners can use video surveillance to evaluate dwell times and traffic patterns and adjust the floorplan and displays to better accommodate shoppers.
- Video cameras and CCTV can help prevent loss due to internal and external theft.
- In the case of accident or injury, video surveillance footage can confirm the details of the event and help in legal or insurance issues.
- Having the right video footage can monitor all cash register activities such as the change out of cash drawers, countdowns, and all other monetary transactions.
- Video surveillance footage can also help owners and managers analyze employee and customer relationships.
- The backbone of any business is customer service. Video surveillance can provide a better understanding of what your business does right or where it can improve.
- Visible security technologies provide an overall culture of security.
- Customers feel safer when video surveillance technologies are employed.
- In an emergency, video surveillance and CCTV can provide a real-time view of events to authorities and emergency personnel.
- Having security technologies in place helps improve employee practices and productivity.